Saint Mary’s has been a ministry of Our Lady of Belen Parish since 1927.
When Father Antonio Cellier
succeeded Father Juan Anthony Picard, in 1917, he realized the impending
growth of the town due to
the coming of the railroad and set about to enlarge the church. The
church's beauty surpassed all
churches in New Mexico and in 1927 he started a parochial school, St.
Mary's, under the guidance of
the Ursuline Sisters. Saint Mary’s has become a well-known, excellent
Pre-K through 8th grade school
in Valencia County, with many families having established roots in the
hallowed hallways. Today,
Saint Mary’s remains a thriving, important ministry of Our Lady of
Interested families can access all school information and registration
forms by clicking on the Saint Mary’s
Principal, Saint Mary’s Belen